With a few months to go before the Niblet’s scheduled arrival, the transition from sewing room to baby room is coming along nicely.
Jeremy and my Dad have been busy this week getting the painting done.
We’ve ordered a crib to be picked up next weekend (my beloved Jenny Lind crib wasn’t available in Canada so we’re going to have to pick it up in Buffalo). Jeremy bought up the rug months ago, and the rocker recliner has been ordered, although not the one I’d originally pictured.
Also, different than what I’d originally planned, was the dresser. After weeks of trawling the classifieds, a antique waterfall style chest came up and I had to have it. I wasn’t the look I’d been originally looking for, and it’s seen better days, but the price was right. I plan to spruce it up with a coat of paint, although I am not concerned about the dresser’s condition – after all, this is a child’s room. It’s going to take a beating, and will eventually be covered in sticky fingerprints and crayon marks anyway.
Finally, I’ve decided to use one of our old bookshelves, rather than buy a new one. We didn’t have anywhere else in the house to put the existing one, so it didn’t make much sense to buy another. This is another piece of furniture that has a date with a paintbrush.
While the painting was going on upstairs, I’ve been working away in my new sewing room in the basement. I have a list of simple baby related projects I want to finish before March, including some receiving blankets. I have so much flannel in my fabric stash it didn’t make any sense to buy them.
They are about 35-40 inches, finished with a double fold hem. Not a challenging project by any means, but one I wanted to get done.
Nine more weeks to go!